A strategic audit is a thorough assessment of the overall economic health of a company. 6 main aspects should be examined in the process of doing thorough strategic audit or your business.
- Resource Audit - What assets, supplies, resources does the company own or have access to via partnerships?
- Value Chain Analysis - Which activities is the company good at doing itself and which are best provided by others outside the company?
- Core Competencie Analysis - What gives the company an advantage over its competitors?
- Performance Analysis - How has the company performed over time and/or how does it perform compared to the best in the industry?
- Portfolio Analysis - Which markets is the company currently in? Are there others that could or should be targeted? Are they in markets where they don't belong?
- SWOT Analysis - Overall look at the company's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
Adapted from Tutor2u.net For more detailed information see the website.